Thursday, January 12, 2017

Edu Club Blog: Week 2


Week 2 for EduBlog: Working environment

This year for the first time in over 10 years I will not have a classroom. Currently, I am on summer holiday and I'm studying at the kitchen table. I am rather excited about sorting a small room into an office space. Below is the desk that is sort of being put together and hopefully the room will be up and running tomorrow.

This will be my home office space mainly for my doctoral studies. A place away from the children where I can keep papers etc out and where I can hopefully make some sense of what I am doing :)

My new job has the office in town and I have been in for a visit but have not yet set up a space. I am quite excited about this new venture. 

My classroom in the past has had tables arranged in groups, soft furnishings and different areas for learning with student work on the walls.

Keeping organised is key for me and I use the computer a lot for this. Often I have a Onenote set up each year for keeping me organised, along with ideas, discussions, and other information I want to hold on to. 

7 comments:

  1. Exciting. Enjoy the freedom and flexibility. Maybe you shouldn't let that teaching experience gi to water though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to new challenges. I also totally agree about teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fellow Doctoral student! I am in my 2nd year of my doctoral journey and it's quite the process. I am learning a lot and looking forward to completing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondering if you could share how you use OneNote? I am always intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it as a teacher planner, staff appraisal and as a class work book. Here is a link to a blog post http://tamypblog.blogspot.co.nz/2016/06/onenote-as-teacher-planner-and-appraisal.html . I will write another blog on Office 365 tools.

      Delete
  5. Best of luck with your transition out of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thank You So Much For providing the important and Knowledgeable information.

    CDR writing Australia

    ReplyDelete