Thursday, July 17, 2014

NZATE Workshops - Iain McGilchrist

Sometimes, I think the best workshops are the ones where you sit, listen and do; rather than write notes. This was my experience, this year at NZATE Myth and Magic Conference. This was helped by all resources and notes being shared using google docs. A flipped conference!

To me my take home learning was the following:

Iain McGilchrist - Chicken Club

We were all captivated by a Ted Talk, from a young lad called Logan LaPlante on 'Hackschooling'. It is well worth taking the 11 minutes to watch. What strikes you about this video?




I won't be asking any student what they want to be in the future! He is quite right, happiness and what we do to be happy. 

It was interesting to learn that Paul McCartney failed his audition for the Liverpool Cathedral choir
Iain spent time sharing what he had learned from the professional readings on positive psychology. I really liked the idea of 'nudge' in the positive direction in order to get a desired result. 

This is the link to his powerpoint which contains a lot more information than I have written about. It really was a great workshop full of lots of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment